Edgefolio is a B2B FinTech scale-up, building technology that connects the fund management industry. We are a venture-backed team of innovators and technologists, bringing the industry online by creating best-in-class digital solutions to various legacy problems.
Edgefolio is being scaled by people all around the world who share our vision. We are an experienced tight-knit team with a strong focus on entrepreneurship, delivery, and scale.
We believe in empowering our teammates in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Edgefolio to own their story and their successes – all our team members are hugely valued and important members of our company’s journey.
We are looking for a DevOps and Security Engineer who is a highly knowledgeable and driven individual, to assist the team in deploying web applications to the cloud and in keeping them secured, reliable, and compliant. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, thriving in a welcoming and collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast.
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will need to be comfortable with a mix of DevOps and cloud technologies, including cybersecurity and site reliability practices for modern web applications. If you have great attention to detail, good organisational skills and you are comfortable working in a team, we would like to meet you.
In this brand new and important role, you will be a part of a cross-functional product team that is responsible, throughout the full web application development life cycle, for producing scalable and secure software solutions from conception to deployment. You will need to liaise with developers and the CTO regularly, so being a good communicator and collaborator is extremely important.
As Edgefolio expands, you will help deploy and secure, modern and elegant applications that serve our tens of thousands of users across some of the worlds leading financial organisations.
This role brings with it the opportunity for an ambitious individual to build alongside our technical cofounders and a long-term successful team, joining us through 10x growth over the coming years.
You’ll sit in the Technology Team and report to our CTO, Bastien.
- Help define a secure software development lifecycle, appropriate infrastructure and toolkit to create a streamlined and efficient development environment
- Lead the embedding of security into software engineering processes
- Define and implement a neat workflow to automatically build, test and deploy web applications
- Define and maintain the CI/CD workflow and pipelines
- Help define the cloud architecture for running our applications in production and other environments (Microsoft Azure)
- Help define and maintain base Docker images and Virtual Machines configuration (Ansible)
- Set up appropriate monitoring and log management solutions for web applications running in production
- Help ensure site reliability and business continuity for our web applications
- Help configure our various SaaS services to be compliant with our InfoSec policies
- Assist in the development and integration of automated security capabilities and service models throughout the application lifecycle, such as Threat Modelling, SAST, DAST, SCA and Container Security
- Stay informed on latest security threats and vulnerabilities, and keep all software up to date with the latest relevant patch releases
- Help implement, maintain and monitor technical Information Security controls, including endpoint protection (antivirus), MDM, log management, SIEM, networks
- Help organise and assess results of vulnerability assessments and scans, penetration tests, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps work experience
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Significant experience of Information Security controls in a SaaS-based environment
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with defining and maintaining Docker images for web application stacks (Python/Django)
- Knowledge of Ansible (for VM configuration) and Terraform (Infrastructure as Code)
- A high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Collaborative, with strong communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in a remote environment
- 3+ years of experience within a cybersecurity or InfoSec function
- Experience using Github Actions or Azure DevOps
- Experience with Python and the Django web framework
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Compensation package including base + equity options
- Company pension plan
- Flexible, independent and remote-first working environment
- A MacBook Pro + home office budget, or a co-working space membership
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off for business training
- Bike to work scheme
- Mental health support program
- Quarterly in person social events
- Work anniversary day-off
- Perks package incl. discounts at 30,000 brands such as Samsung, Dell & John Lewis
- Huge opportunities for growth and role expansion
- Bring your dog to work!
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be in touch within 5 working days. We look forward to hearing from you!
Edgefolio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.