Edgefolio provides technology connecting all key stakeholders in the fund management industry. We are a venture-backed team of innovators and technologists bringing the industry online by creating best in class digital solutions to various legacy problems.
What we’re looking for
Edgefolio is being scaled by people all around the world who share our vision. We are an experienced tight-knit team with a strong focus on entrepreneurship, delivery, and scale.
You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Edgefolio’s mission. You thrive in a welcoming and collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast.
We believe in empowering our teammates in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Edgefolio to own their story and their successes – all our team members are hugely valued and important members of Edgefolio’s journey.
We are looking for a skilled Frontend Developer with a keen eye for design to join our product development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interfaces and components using React.js. You will also be responsible for improving our front-end build tooling and pipeline, as well as automated testing of frontend apps.
Frontend Developers are required to work in teams alongside Backend Developers, Graphic Designers and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. We currently have one frontend developer, one full stack developer, and two backend/architecture engineers in this growing team.
- Developing and implementing responsive user interface components, mostly using React concepts and workflows
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs
- Meeting with the development team to discuss web app implementation and interfacing with the backend (django framework + REST API)
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application code
- Improve or refactor the frontend build pipeline and workflow, along with JS dependency management
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance
- Write, audit, and improve our test coverage
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Building reusable code for future builds
- 2-5+ years’ experience working with a React.js framework and ecosystem (Redux, etc.)
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, including usage of CSS frameworks
- Proficiency with some frontend building tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Babel) and dependency management
- Proficiency with browser based debugging and performance testing
- Experience using Git and central code versioning in a team environment
- Experience with a frontend testing framework
- Understanding of key design principles
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Join a fast growing start-up digitising the asset management industry
- Network with high-status clients, from leading investment banks to Fund Managers and large Institutional Investors
- Responsibility and opportunity from day one
- Reliably positive, supportive and social atmosphere
- Flexible, independent and currently distributed working environment
- Huge opportunities for growth and role expansion
- Compensation package including base + equity/options.
- Perks package incl. discounts at 30,000 brands such as Samsung, Dell & John Lewis
- Company pension plan
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Edgefolio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.